Welcome

Welcome All! I'm a dreamer, I hope you are too! A Posse ad Esse, or From possibility to reality, is a general state of mind. I hope you'll share your possibilities with me as I will with you. Namaste~

October 9, 2012

Beginning a Permaculture Investigation

Although I have not, and by all accounts will not, do much work on our new "Homescale Farm" this year. I still continue to focus a lot of back burner brain power on what it is that I'd like to do with it. More and more that brain power is pointing me in the direction of permaculture as the direction I'd like to at least focus my attentions. To that end, I've decided to go through a collegiate permaculture course via the internet in the hope that I can gain a more full understanding of it, as well as to hopefully begin to formulate some ideas about what, where and how I'd like to proceed on the back few acres.

The courses (link that I found by googling "permaculture media blog 40 hr course" has been removed so as not to further "disseminate" video materials) I have found and will be viewing were placed online by the Permaculture Media Blog. They have a full 40 hr lecture course that is on line in high resolution  videos. I'm going to go through them one at a time in the hopes of, as I said, gaining a better understanding of what permaculture really means, and how it can apply to us on our piece of earth.

I'm thinking right now that I'm going to go ahead an review - no, let me rephrase that, recap - the class lectures as I complete them in case you are interested, but primarily for my own reference.
If you'd like to follow along, or even participate, perhaps we can create a venue for some friendly debate and discussion. Let me know if any one's interested at all and we'll see if we can schedule something.

Either way, I look forward to it. I feel like it will be a good use of my winter free time, what free time I'll have that is with still having to finish my basement... busy busy...

Hope all is well with you all and I look forward to hearing from you.
Best.
Paul ~

5 comments:

SLCUrban said...

you may have seen this site before, but check it out if you haven't. They run a permaculture program in New Zealand. I read the blog almost everyday.

SLCUrban said...

Probably should post the link... http://milkwood.net/ ;)

P~ said...

Lol, yeah, I figured you'd be back to amend that.
I don't think I have seen it, I've been so bad about having time to write let alone read much. I will certainly check it out though.
Thanks for the link.

P~ said...

Lol, yeah, I figured you'd be back to amend that.
I don't think I have seen it, I've been so bad about having time to write let alone read much. I will certainly check it out though.
Thanks for the link.

ChicagoMike said...

Hey P~

I would really enjoy getting some encapsulations regarding permaculture.

I still think of this poster every time I hit your site:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/23/homesteading_n_934323.html

All the best,

Chicago Mike