Welcome

Welcome All! I'm a dreamer, I hope you are too! A Posse ad Esse, or From possibility to reality, is a general state of mind. I hope you'll share your possibilities with me as I will with you. Namaste~

May 20, 2013

Farming when farming wasn't cool

OK, OK, so that was a terrible play on a old country song, but it's kinda how I feel today.

Now mind you, I'm not a petty person by nature...usually... but I have to say I did get a good little chuckle to myself today when I was sitting in my office BSing with a couple of my friends that have know me since, and gave me a good bit of ribbing when, I started raising chickens and growing more food. Homesteading... you know. Anyway, I was sitting there with them as one was telling us how he's planning on building a chicken coop at his new house this winter so he can have some chickens next year. I gave him a little bit of a hard time about how "see... I knew you'd come around.." and then the other guy chimes in to say how "yeah I need to figure out how to make a coop too. My wife really wants to raise some chickens too."
Oh man, to say I laughed is an understatement. I told them. See... You guys thought I was so crazy five and a half years ago when I started doing this stuff... Told me all the "gonna be a farmer" jokes and all... Now who's crazy??
I guess I was just so far ahead of the curve from them that they couldn't see ever being in the same place. LOL

So like I said... "I was Farming.... when Farming wasn't cooooool!"

Hope all of you are doing great. I've been jobbing jobbing jobbing to finish up stuff here in time for both of our families coming out next week for my oldest sons graduation. But I have lots more goings on. Espalier, New garden areas and water harvesting swales to share.
Hopefully soon.
Best all.
P~

1 comment:

SLCUrban said...

When I was in college in 1988 I would can jams and jellies. People mocked me. I was only 18 and a freshman in college. I should have been drunk! Who said you can't be drunk and can jam?