Welcome

Welcome All! I'm a dreamer, I hope you are too! A Posse ad Esse, or From possibility to reality, is a general state of mind. I hope you'll share your possibilities with me as I will with you. Namaste~

August 18, 2007

Eat Local Salt Lake City

I have recently found a local food challenge group in Salt Lake City that is beginning a month long challenge to eat local foods and support local food producers tomorrow. From what I have read on their blog, I really appreciate that they are encouraging people to participate at whatever level they feel comfortable participating at. I am not decided yet on whether or not to participate actively. I have been working this year towards trying to incorporate more local foods into my daily routine. A lot of what I include comes from my yard, while a good portion also comes from neighbors and local farms. With us getting ready to tear up a lot of the house to redo the flooring I don't want to bite off more than I can chew (pun intended). I don't think that I have a lot, or any, local Utah readers, but I encourage any that may drop in to give this a look. There are some truly great vendors out there and Utah farms grow and produce a lot of delicious foods. While we are in Salt Lake tomorrow I hope to get to the Salt Lake Farmers Market and get some of the afore mentioned good foods.

No comments: