Welcome

Welcome All! I'm a dreamer, I hope you are too! A Posse ad Esse, or From possibility to reality, is a general state of mind. I hope you'll share your possibilities with me as I will with you. Namaste~

November 10, 2012

Permaculture Course - Video 4

Short run down on this video. It was one that, while it had a lot of good information, I didn't feel like an of it was really new stuff, mostly it was an opportunity for the instructor to garner a little "street cred" by showing off his personal garden and it's progression through their time there.

That said, it wasn't in anyway a brag fest or anything, and it gave the instructor a good opportunity to go over some of the ideas of permaculture, along with his personal take about it, in a visual form. Interestingly, it turns out that pretty much all the pictures on the cover of the latest publication of the Gais Garden book that's out are from Dr Hooker's house. He has been involved in permaculture for a number of years and has apparently become good friends with a number of the "big boys" of permaculture around the world.

As I said, not a lot to report on this video, it was enjoyable if a little light on new information. Next class promises to be interesting though, Homework assignment is to read chapter 10 in Gaia's Garden, which is all about Food Forests, And to watch _The End of Suburbia_. I've done both and I'm ready for the next class.

Just out of curiousity... anyone getting anything from these reviews? Better yet, anyone going through them as well?

Best
Paul~

3 comments:

han_ysic said...

Enjoying the feedback and the links. We got solar this year and now thinking again about getting a wood fire...

Unknown said...

Your blog is so nice! I'm a new follower and hope you can follow back.
Thanks,
Elizabeth

http://butterflykisses1957.blogspot.com/

Edie Veronin said...

My husband and I have enjoyed reading your blog for some time now. Thank you for posting about these permaculture videos--we are watching and reading along with you. Of all the permaculture books I've read, I think Gaia's garden is my favorite: lots of pics, U.S. plants and gardens in the examples, and simple instructions. The most important advice is not to start anything until you have observed and thought.
I just finished video 4--and I love the herb spiral!
thanks,
Edie