Welcome

Welcome All! I'm a dreamer, I hope you are too! A Posse ad Esse, or From possibility to reality, is a general state of mind. I hope you'll share your possibilities with me as I will with you. Namaste~

April 19, 2007

I'm always surprised, but shouldn't be.

I recently made the following comment to a post that was on NoImpactMans blog:

I have found lately that sometimes "we", and by that I mean "I", will underestimate our other halfs. I have been growing more in love with my wife, as I have made the decision to try and consume less. Many of the things I have suggested, expecting a resounding NO, she's met with a very open mind and often an interest of her own in. My point is that, just as it's not wise to push anything down someones throat, it's also not a good idea to assume you know someone so well that you don't give them the benefit of the doubt and open that conversation with them. Shame on me.


Well, she's done it again. Yesterday, just in time for earth day, she was shopping at Albertsons, and saw these reusable shopping bags for sale. I had been thinking a couple of days before that that we could start using reusable bags at least once and a while, and true to form she comes on out with it while I'm thinking about it. I think about things sometimes, and assume that, since I don't do the majority of the "domestic" chores, I will keep my ideas to myself. I need to preface this with a little information. I have a serious case of the all or nothings. In other words I go very much full steam ahead when I get a thing in my mind. At any rate, the more I have been trying to make a change in my life, (Eating better, exercising, trying to read and write more rather than living in front of the TV.) the more I have been becoming aware of myself and my actions. I see a lot of areas where I can conserve, reuse, or just do things a little better. I don't ever see myself being a full on crunchy, no impact, the earth depends on my recycled poo type, and before I get a load of hippie hate mail, I admire those that are that way. They are certainly not doing any harm to the world. At any rate, I feel sometimes that I aspire to things that perhaps are going to be a burden to A~. I love her and I guess sometimes I just underestimate her. I always seems to be surprised by her, but I guess I shouldn't be. I could tell she was someone special when I met her, I don't know why I should be surprised by her now. Like I said, shame on me.

No comments: