Welcome

Welcome All! I'm a dreamer, I hope you are too! A Posse ad Esse, or From possibility to reality, is a general state of mind. I hope you'll share your possibilities with me as I will with you. Namaste~

May 24, 2007

It's all down hill from here.

And I mean that literally! I did the ride into work this morning, only 5.5 miles but that sucker was uphill all the way. Not big steep kind of uphill (other than going over a big bridge that is.) but the long slow never ending uphill slog kind of uphill. I know, I know, Whaa Whaa! Anyway, I am pretty proud of myself if I do say so. This was one of my goals for this year, to ride to work. I guess if I only do it once this year at least I'm 100% more than last year right? But I won't, I hope to ride to work for at least the majority of the Low Impact Week that's coming up end of next week. (You can see the rest of my goals for that week HERE.) I really have to say that I was pleased to see the kind of comments that I received on the last entry I put up about riding. It is actually the post with the greatest reader input surprisingly. It's good to see a lot of people are getting out to ride more often, although I still have to give the prize for total ambition to Cynthia for her nearly 20 mi. one way ride to see her boyfriend.
Happy pedaling!
P~

Addendum: Well I made it back home tonight. I had a headwind, and got caught up at two lights, but still made it home in just under 25 mins. It took me nearly 40 to get in this morning. I hope that as I ride more often It will get easier.
P~

Personal Note
I wanted to keep a count of the number of days that I ride to work this year, just for posterity. I will update this as I go.
todays count: 7 (Last Update 6-12-07)

2 comments:

Eva said...

Wow!! 5.5 miles!!?? Awesome job! Hope you enjoy your biking time, something to really be proud of. I don't have a bike, but I've been walking... a lot more, with the two little ones. To the library, post office, and store. This summer we will be walking to the pool for swim lessons. Enjoy the down-hill ride on the way home!

P~ said...

Thank you Eva. I am pretty proud, and yes I WILL enjoy the downhill ride home. No bike? what a shame. If I may be so bold, I believe your in the Seattle Area, if so, there is a thrift store chain there by the name of Deseret Industries. They are run by the LDS church out here in UT and at least out here always have a lot of very decent bikes in the $5-$20 range. You may want to check them out. They are also an awsome source for very good quality second hand clothes.
Thanks again, and enjoy the walks with those little ones. It's a great habit for them to learn now. We walk pretty regularly with our boys, and although anymore they are usually skateboarding alongside us it is always a very good quality time with our family.
P~