Welcome

Welcome All! I'm a dreamer, I hope you are too! A Posse ad Esse, or From possibility to reality, is a general state of mind. I hope you'll share your possibilities with me as I will with you. Namaste~

May 10, 2007

Re-focusing

I was thinking yesterday that I have… how should I say this… evolved, in my goals for this blog since I began writing it. A reader, Heather from Nashville, called me out on a previous entry that I had made early on, I think it was my second or third posting ever, and made me revisit my objectives and take a look at how I want to “do business” here.
Early this year, I decided that I wanted to begin to actuate a lot of the changes that I had been mulling around in my mind. Changes that included, eating healthier, reading more rather than vegging in front of the TV all evening, spending more time outside either working in my yard or just enjoying nature and pursuing my desire to share my opinions with others via a blog (which I initially set up on Myspace to see if I would actually continue it). I attacked these goals rather intensely as I have a habit of doing, and the early posts on this blog reflect that. What I mean by this is that at the time I began to write, my mind was very much in a mindset of focusing on my frustrations with a lot of things. I found myself beginning to become a very pessimistic person. I didn’t realize it until I started to think of things I wanted to write about and the first things to my mind were basically just rants about this or that. During this process I began to see that I got much greater satisfaction from looking for and focusing on the positive things in my life, than I did by complaining or being negative about the things that I did not have or did not like. I found great satisfaction in keeping record of not just my ideas and accomplishments, but my feelings about my family, and my optimism about what is possible in life. It was at this time that I moved to Blogger.com and renamed the Blog “A posse ad esse” a Latin phrase meaning “from possibility to reality”. I have since that time made a concerted effort to maintain a positive outlook towards anything that I deal with in this blog.
My hope is to move you to care deeply for whatever it is that you are passionate about, to remind you of the simple things everyday that make me smile, and to share possibilities as I see them when I see them in an effort to move people to come together on things where perhaps they are closer than they know. I have said before and will say again, I am not trying to change anybody’s mind, but I am trying to open it just a little.
Thanks for your time and comments.
P~

No comments: