Welcome

Welcome All! I'm a dreamer, I hope you are too! A Posse ad Esse, or From possibility to reality, is a general state of mind. I hope you'll share your possibilities with me as I will with you. Namaste~

July 18, 2007

Thought for Today

“Pain is a relatively objective, physical phenomenon; suffering is our psychological resistance to what happens. Events may create physical pain, but they do not in themselves create suffering. Resistance creates suffering. Stress happens when your mind resists what is...The only problem in your life is your mind's resistance to life as it unfolds.”

 

~ Dan Millman – author: Way of the Peaceful Warrior

 

I watched the movie Peaceful Warrior last night. It was well made, and worth the watch. A lot of the points in the movie are things that I believe to be absolute truths. Many of them are not pleasant to accept because they place our happiness squarely on our own shoulders rather than on things “out there”, but are truths nonetheless. I have had this book for some time but haven’t read it; I think I will have to move it up on the reading list.

P~

 

No comments: