Welcome

Welcome All! I'm a dreamer, I hope you are too! A Posse ad Esse, or From possibility to reality, is a general state of mind. I hope you'll share your possibilities with me as I will with you. Namaste~

September 11, 2007

Floor Update

Here's the latest progress on the flooring. I've been plinking here and there over the last week and a half at finishing our stairs. This is the "Grand Staircase"; it sounds better saying that than the big staircase in the front room don't ya think? Anyway, there is another smaller four stair set above this that goes to our room that is also finished. This one actually is not quite done yet; the bottom two steps are still unfinished. It has been a pretty major work to do this by myself. I knew I had the skill, but it has certainly made me dig deep for some of them. Now I see why doing it myself is saving me in the neighborhood of $6.00 sq/ft. I have also been manufacturing all of the millwork like the bullnose edging, and door treads on my own in the garage. This has taken a bit of time, but I think they came out pretty well. I hope to be finished with the stairs this week, and then prep the living room for the flooring next week. Our goal has been to finish it during the month of September all along. We should come out fairly close to that.

On a side note... Dad, thank you for teaching me the basics when I was a kid, and letting me tinker with your tools, I wouldn't have been able to do any of this with out that foundation.

P~

3 comments:

Eva said...

Your floor looks amazing! You've done a wonderful job.

Lib said...

What a Lovely blog you have.I enjoyed my visit.
You did a wornderful flooring job!
Blessins',
Lib

P~ said...

Thank you ladies for the words of encouragement. I feel like I'm taking far too long on this project but I guess there's really no rush. Better to take the time to do it nice, than take the time to do it twice. (picked that one up from my son's third grade teacher. No argueing with sound logic.)
P~