Welcome

Welcome All! I'm a dreamer, I hope you are too! A Posse ad Esse, or From possibility to reality, is a general state of mind. I hope you'll share your possibilities with me as I will with you. Namaste~

October 5, 2007

So much to do... So little time.

Like I’m sure so many of you do, I use this blog as a means of personal accountability. When I have things that I want to get done I usually put them down here. I guess there’s a sort of self-imposed peer pressure to it that helps motivate me. When I say I’m going to do something I am much more likely to actually get it done when I know there’s people (You know, the 3 or 4 of you that read this blog daily.) that know about my goals.
This time of year always seems to be such a busy time around a household. This year is not only not an exception to that rule, it is busier that most. Since we’ve been working on the flooring seemingly every weekend for the last month and a half, not to mention a little work each night, I don’t feel like I’ve been able to get a lot of the things around the garden and yard that I need to in order to get ready for next spring. So I’m using you again as my accountability control.

Here’s the list:


• Pull the summer veggies that are now, thanks to an early and hard fall, dieing.
• Pull the annuals from the front beds.
• Dig out, split and replant the Rhubarb so we can have more next year.
• Decide which large perennials we will leave where they are and which we will move and then actually move them.
• Construct a cold frame to protect my one cool weather crop bed that I am testing for hardiness this year.
• Buy a new tarp and cover the boat that I didn’t get a chance to finish restoring this year. (It’ll be sold next year I think.)
• Cut up and consolidate all of the pulled greens from the garden for composting.
• Prune, thin and support the raspberries and strawberries.
• Weed some of the bad areas of the yard to get a head start on next year.
• I need to get grub controlling nematodes for the infected areas of my lawn that have appeared in the grass over the summer.

• Spread organic soil activator on the lawn to help compost the thatch over the winter. (This stuff is great! I’ll post about it when I get to it doing it.)
• Plant bulbs for next springs early color.

I’m sure there are a couple of small things that I left out but this is pretty comprehensive. Add to that actually finishing the floor (which by the way we hope to make a big stride forward on this weekend), helping kids with homework every night and getting ready for and going on our family hunting trip at the end of the month, and I have a pretty busy schedule ahead of me. Of course I will do my best to keep up with the blog as well; I know you are all hanging on every word I post after all. You are right? Hope you’re enjoying your fall, and that you have made better progress than I.

P~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see someone else with such a long list. My list keeps getting longer and longer. You'd think I'd make some progress, but . . .

Kim