Welcome

Welcome All! I'm a dreamer, I hope you are too! A Posse ad Esse, or From possibility to reality, is a general state of mind. I hope you'll share your possibilities with me as I will with you. Namaste~

September 16, 2008

More Yellowstone.

Before I show you some more pics, a little housekeeping is in order. Reader Bill~ asked me a couple of questions that I guess I just missed in the last post.
Our kids are a bit older, (10,11,13) so we can push travel plans a little. That in mind, we left out on Saturday morning at 6:30 AM for the approx 4 hour drive to West Yellowstone MT. After a stop for lunch, we made pretty good time and made it into town around 11:30. Being that it's off season, we didn't make reservations, but were able to easily find a room at a pretty nice hotel (129.00 / night, breakfast included.) with no trouble. After that we headed into the park at around 12:00-12:30 and went down the south west end toward Old faithful. (you can see a map of the park here) We spent the whole day on the west side of the park from old faithful up to mammoth hot springs driving and stopping at pretty much everything in between except Norris Geyser Basin. Sunday, we got up early, had breakfast, packed and loaded the car, checked out and headed into the park at around 10:30. That day we headed north to Norris geysers basin and then over to The Canyon falls area. We hiked down the canyon to view the lower falls and it was in a word... amazing! To end the trip we drove down the east side of the park, past Yellowstone lake, again stopping at most of the sites for at least a quick look, and out of the south exit of the park. We drove past the Teton national park and the gorgeous Teton mountains, through Jackson Hole and south to our house. It was a long trip, and a lot of time in the car, but we really didn't feel rushed, and I felt like we got to see most all of the major sites.
And with that...how about a little more eye candy?
Above: Near the Grand Prismatic Spring.
Any guesses? Yep, Old Faithful; very cool by the way.
This was a small hot spring off "Firehole Lake Drive"
And what trip to Yellowstone would be complete without a picture of the Bison grazing away...
Oops, I think he sees me. Nope, just kidding, it was the knuckle heads to the left that you can't see that were clapping and trying to get him to lift his head for a picture. That's how come every year people get gored by these guys. They are not cows, treat with great respect.
So, that covers about 2 thirds of day one, anyone bored? Care for more? We'll see I guess, it depends on whether I have anything more pressing to talk about tomorrow.
See you then.
P~

No comments: