Welcome

Welcome All! I'm a dreamer, I hope you are too! A Posse ad Esse, or From possibility to reality, is a general state of mind. I hope you'll share your possibilities with me as I will with you. Namaste~

December 14, 2007

Murmur.

It's been an interesting couple of days. We learned yesterday that our 11 yr old has a heart murmur. It was significant enough to get our generally goofy family doctor to get a solemn face and tell my wife that it was pretty serious and that we need to schedule a pediatric cardiologist appointment as soon as possible. That, as it turns out, is not until January 12. I have read a little about murmurs and it seems that, in children at least, they tend to more often than not be benign. Still it catches you off guard and makes you pause. What if the doctor hadn't caught it? What will come of the coming appointment? I have made a decision to stay of a positive mind and to truly believe that all will be well. I hope all is well with you and yours and that the Christmas spirit is creeping up on you and bringing smiles to your faces and joy to your homes.
P~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think a positive attitude goes far. I hope all turns out well for your son.

Kim said...

P~We'll be praying for your youngun'.

Kim

Moonwaves said...

About 9 years ago I went for a routine medical with a company doctor (requirement before starting my new job with the company) and she said she heard a slight heart murmur. At 25 years of age I wasn't expecting it but she said I would have had it all my life. I had to go to get it checked out but was told it was nothing to worry about and that 90% of murmurs have no effect.

Hope everything turns out okay for your son too.

Marianna said...

Praying for the best.

P~ said...

Thnak you all so much for your prayers and well wishes. I'll let you know what's happening as I do.
P~