Welcome

Welcome All! I'm a dreamer, I hope you are too! A Posse ad Esse, or From possibility to reality, is a general state of mind. I hope you'll share your possibilities with me as I will with you. Namaste~

December 8, 2007

Well it's shaping up to be another eventful weekend. A~ and I just made a "sponge" out of our sourdough starter, so we can use it to make some no-yeast sourdough bread tomorrow. We've never tried this before so we'll see how it goes. It would be a really useful thing to know, how to bake bread without yeast that is, in case of who knows what. So we'll see how that goes, Ill let you know of course.

Another thing that'll be going on this weekend is me working feaverishly in the garage to catch up. You see over the years I've always made my boys something by hand. One year, I made shields out of plywood and carpet scraps, another I made them swords from leftover hardwood flooring and last year I made small tanto knives from some maple that I picked up in a scrap pile. See a pattern there? Wooden weapons. My boys are boys, what can I say. They've used all these things regularly and I'm proud to say they're still in one piece. Anyway, the point of the story is that I thought this year, they may be getting too old for my handmade cheapness, not to mention wooden toys. Well I was mistaken; it seems they were talking with A~ the other day about not being able to go over to my side of the garage because I might be making something for them. She said she didn't think I was and they were very unhappy with that. It seems I've started a tradition more valued than I had thought. I did it more for me, too see their surprise and to show them that I loved them. Little did I realize it would become something that they look forward too. I should have guessed it, they are suckers for tradition. So this year, with the abundant leftover hardwood flooring, and some maple or ash scraps from the cabinet makers, I will venture to make bows. They are after all getting older, and are responsible enough for them. (They won't be big powerful ones mind you.) We'll see how it goes.

Lastly, I may try to format and rebuild our computer. It's been acting up lately, and the last time I did it, I incorrectly partitioned the hard drive. So if If I'm out for a few days, don't give upon me I'll be back.

P~

4 comments:

Rhonda Jean said...

What a great dad you are! I can imagine you beavering away there in the garage preparing wooden surprises for your boys. Good on you.

When I worked, on my business cards were these words: From vision to reality. : )

I love the way you're incubating your yoghurt. I will try that because I like being able to incubate it in the jars it will be stored in. Thanks for sharing your methods.

I've been making that NY bread on and off for a few months and I love it too. Your's looks great.

I hope the computer is kind to you.

P~ said...

Thanks Rhonda, Yeah, the yogurt incubating has been pretty consistant. I initially read that the temperature should be between 122 and 130F in order to get the yogurt to set. That method has set it every time.
We do love that NY bread. We're trying to make some sourdough with the same method. Hopefully it works well.

Phelan said...

Very cool. Our garage isn't very big, and is kept full of motorcycles, otherwise we would be doing the same.

P~ said...

We have a three car garage, but you woudn't know it. Too much crap in there for too many "projects" Maybe one of these days I'll get to straightening it out, until then I just work around it.

Thanks for your encouragement ladies I appreciate it.
P~