Welcome

Welcome All! I'm a dreamer, I hope you are too! A Posse ad Esse, or From possibility to reality, is a general state of mind. I hope you'll share your possibilities with me as I will with you. Namaste~

May 1, 2009

Seeding Kohlrabi

I thought you might be interested in some kohlrabi that I have in the backyard garden that's going to seed.It didn't bold already mind you, this is kohlrabi from our late season crops that we put in last year. I didn't manage to get it into the ground early enough so I decided to just "let it ride" right on through the winter to see if it would go to seed in the spring. Well it has.Just by looking at it, you can see that this plant is a relative of broccoli and the other Cruciferous veggies or brassicas as we generally refer to them. They are referred to as Cruciferous due to the cross shaping of the pretty yellow flowers.
I have to say. Whether or not these ever set good seed or not, they are a welcomed addition to the yard with their plentiful plumage. They may just look like scraggy weeds to some, they look like potential to me... potential and just a hint of beauty.
Hope you all have a great weekend.
P~

No comments: