Welcome

Welcome All! I'm a dreamer, I hope you are too! A Posse ad Esse, or From possibility to reality, is a general state of mind. I hope you'll share your possibilities with me as I will with you. Namaste~

February 4, 2009

Did you notice?

Over there...in the side bar.
The big weigh-in has been updated. It's a new year and it's time to get this pupply up and running. A~ and I have started a new journal for 2009 to let us track all our food production and to help us keep track of our eggs.

Speaking of which, you may have noticed in the aforementioned Big Weigh-In section that we have 227 eggs so far. That is the total for the month of January alone. I'll most likely be updating that either monthly, or potentially bi-monthly this summer. So you realize that that averages to just over 7 eggs a day...IN JANUARY?! No complaints mind you, but that could put us at well over 2500 eggs by the end of the year at that rate.

I'm anticipating a molt though, so that should slow em down a bit. In fact, come to think of it, I think the older white leghorn birds may be beginning to go into molt as we speak I found a couple of them are loosing feathers on their backsides already. I hope they'll be alright. I'll be keeping an eye on them.

Any way, back to the big weigh in. If you've not done it before, I really encourage you to try to keep track of the weight of the production that you're able to get from your yards. It's amazing to see how much we can do on so little.

And in related news, After I put this post together together yesterday, I read today on the Path to Freedom Journal about their new challenge for 2009. It's called the "Freedom Harvest Challenge" and with it they're shooting for production of 1 Million pounds of food grown in the gardens of Freedom Gardeners all over the world.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if they don't exceed it. Drop in an give it a read and if you're so inclined, check out the Freedom Gardens website. It's a growing (pun intended) community of Freedom Gardeners all over the world.


I'm getting excited for this year and the ground's still frozen.
Coooommmeee onnnnn SSPPRRIINNGG!!!

Grow on all!
Looking forward to hearing your "numbers"!!
P~

5 comments:

Kory said...

I'm in too. Its a great project and a chance to prove that the solution comes from the people, not subsidies to big agriculture conglomerates.

Grow for it!

Chiot's Run said...

I'm in as well, I need to put the link on my blog as well

Di Hickman said...

I'm in too! Great project!~

Anonymous said...

I need to get in. Will do it tonite.

Also, you might want to update your copyright year.

P~ said...

I think it'll be a great challenge! Looking forward to seeing how you all do.

Thanks Mike...
P~