Welcome

Welcome All! I'm a dreamer, I hope you are too! A Posse ad Esse, or From possibility to reality, is a general state of mind. I hope you'll share your possibilities with me as I will with you. Namaste~

February 13, 2009

Master Gardener week 3

Hey everyone, I made it, I'm here in San Diego all by myself to visit Mom and Dad, my sister and friends. It promises to be a great weekend so far!

As for the Master Gardener class, I ended up having to miss it Friday because of the flight times but I was at the one on Wednesday and it was pretty good. I do have to admit that as far as classes though that wednesdays class on interior plants (i.e. houseplants) was really not one of my favorites.
It's not so much because the information that we covered wasn't of interest to me, it's just that I guess I'm just not that sort of gardener. I like to raise indoor plants, don't get me wrong, I have a couple in my office, but they're just not what I'm really passionate about. I prefer food production, small scale agriculture and soil building.

I'm just glad that no matter what the class is on, I can always come away with a great feeling since I get to spend a couple of hours with my sweetheart in the middle of the week and I get to talk plants to boot. Now that's what I call a Win-Win situation.

Happy valentines day to you all, I hope you enjoy a little time with someone special tomorrow. As for me, I'm taking a drive up the coast and dropping by some old, and new friends houses. It will be a good day, even if I will be missing my wife.

Happy Valentines day A~ I love you...
P~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not as into indoor plants as well. I usually end up killing them after awhile, I have no idea why. You'd think with all the care and planning I put into my outdoor garden I'd be able to do it indoors as well...but alas, I'm not.
Glad to hear you made it safe and I hope you have a great time with the family p! :)

ilex said...

That's the main reason I've not pursued the MG thing- they cover a lot of topics that I don't have much interest in. Shrubbery? Only if I can eat something off them- hello, blueberries. Houseplants? Only of they can vacuum or clean the bathroom. Flowers? Only if they draw in more pollinators and beneficials for my vegetables. The world is full of gardeners who don't grow vegetables, and I think I'd be pretty impatient with their botanical dilemmas.

Maggie said...

Thanks for posting on your experience with the MG program. I have just applied for our local program and am especially looking forward to the new vegetable growing aspect they have developed. My eyes may glaze over during houseplants; but if I remain awake I'm sure I'll learn something. ;D