Welcome

Welcome All! I'm a dreamer, I hope you are too! A Posse ad Esse, or From possibility to reality, is a general state of mind. I hope you'll share your possibilities with me as I will with you. Namaste~

February 2, 2009

I've got bubbles!!!

Oh yeah I do! lots and lots O' bubblin goodness.

It's been two weeks since the bottling and for Superbowl Sunday I was treated to this most tasty brew!

I really mean it too. It was...is...really good. Over the period of the second week the beer had a chance to develop more carbonation and also managed to shed it's slightly yeasty taste to become quite tasty. I did notice a strange phenomenon that I thought I'd offer up for some comment on though.

When the beer was on top of the fridge, the remaining yeasts in the bottle seemed to form along one side of the bottle and form a slight fogginess around one half of the bottle. I can only assume that the yeast naturally gravitated toward the warmer side of the bottle and grew there.

After taking the bottles down on Saturday and putting them in the fridge they cleared out remarkably quickly. After only a couple of hours the bottles were basically clear (except for the small amount of sediment on the bottom.). Any thoughts? I know I have a couple of experienced beer makers out there.

A~ and I stopped into a local brew makers shop a couple weeks back and checked into what all is required to really start brewing some bigger and more unique beers. It will be an investment for sure and is something I will no doubt try in the future. But, with the fill plate I find myself staring at right now, this is one of those things that will be getting "back burnered". For now at least, I intend to try out some of the other MR beer products. This one was great!

Till tomorrow...
P~

1 comment:

Kory said...

I know my dad has a special siphon trick to draw out wine and leave the dead yeast at the bottom, but I don't know much about beer brewing admittedly.

Looks like you got the hang of it though.