Welcome

Welcome All! I'm a dreamer, I hope you are too! A Posse ad Esse, or From possibility to reality, is a general state of mind. I hope you'll share your possibilities with me as I will with you. Namaste~

August 29, 2008

And now...I'm sick.

I was actually sick yesterday too, just barely though, a bit of head congestion. Today, however, I'm like a stuffed bear, with a head full of cotton! Why do these things always come around a weekend, just in time to keep me suffering through the chores that need to be done.

I'm hoping to finish some side-yard clean up this weekend that needs to be done. My compost pile that was very nice last year, is sorely lacking this year. I want to build a proper two compartment one where I can put my bags of chicken manure, and get order to my random piles of greens. The other side-yard task that I need to do is to make a place for my barrel composter. (Which has dried out and needs to be dampened and turned as well.)
I also want to try out another no knead bread recipe with Sourdough. I picked up a recipe from a member of the FreedomGardens.org website and I really want to try it out for my second Campfire-baked bread experiment. And finally, I am going to try out making a bit of sauerkraut from some late season cabbage that I pulled just the other day.
If I get a chance, actually I'll probably have to make a chance just to catch my breath, I wanted to do a little reading in a new book I picked up. It's called "Everything I want to do is illegal: War stories from the local food front" by Joel Salatin of Polyface farm. If you've read "The Omnivore's Dilemma" that name should ring a bell, if you haven't, well, what are you waiting for!
Hope you all have a productive, fun and safe Labor Day weekend (if your in the US, of course).
Grown on!
P~

No comments: