Welcome

Welcome All! I'm a dreamer, I hope you are too! A Posse ad Esse, or From possibility to reality, is a general state of mind. I hope you'll share your possibilities with me as I will with you. Namaste~

August 11, 2008

Urban Chickens

Local news Channel, KSL.com having an interesting debate on-line regarding the keeping of chickens on urban/suburban lots.

Check it out. Particularly if your local to Salt Lake County. How do you feel about it? Are you raising chickens in your urban/suburban lot? What have you learned? Have you had to fight the system to do it?

 

Here are a few links to some of my personal Urban chicken raising posts.

Chicken condo

Small scale coop care

Pictures of the coop made from mostly recycled materials

 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw that article this morning and am now wading through the comments. We just moved to West Jordan and plan to start our chicken raising in the spring. Coop should be up this fall and the chicks will arrive in the spring. No rooster for us as we're just raising them for eggs and meat. From talking with several other people, as long as you maintain a clean coop the neighbors don't notice. I figure some free eggs every so often will help smooth over any small issues that may arise.

P~ said...

I hope you'll be in touch again. I'd love to hear about your progress.
P~