I got it done finally.
This was one of those projects that's been in the works for a long time. As I said before, we actually planned for this from the time we build our home. I had the plumbing put in at build time and have "back-burnered" it for a long time. (Over five years!!)
You might also notice that large white contraption sitting on the counter on the left side. That's a scale that we were actually able to salvage out of one of the homes down the street before it was torn down. It's one of the old dial -type scales but is slightly off. I will be taking it apart and repairing it some time in the future, but for now, I found that with the large colander, it zero's out at 2.0 lbs exactly. Until I get it repaired we'll just subtract 2 lbs from all measured harvests.
Now, I just need to get some veggies growing. And on that note, I've been hardening off some of my starts from the seed starter and they'll be going into the ground this week.
This is the back porch...or in this case the hardening shelves. On the top shelf to the left is a variety of lettuces and some Swiss chard. Top Right has Broccoli and Kale and the bottom shelf is all kohlrabi, cabbage and kale as well. These are ones that I started in the basement a few weeks ago and are all cold weather crops. I've already gotten a second batch started right in the beds too, but these will mature earlier and will be the first to harvest. Oh how I look forward to it!!
I hope you all had a great weekend. Catch you tomorrow.