Welcome

Welcome All! I'm a dreamer, I hope you are too! A Posse ad Esse, or From possibility to reality, is a general state of mind. I hope you'll share your possibilities with me as I will with you. Namaste~

April 1, 2008

Persistance

Phelan over at “A homesteading Neophyte” tagged me yesterday for a blogger award. “The Persistence Award” (See lower right-hand sidebar.) for my ongoing struggle with my local City Planning Commission to get a law amended to allow the keeping of “Urban Fowl”.
Timing is everything I guess. I have no idea how she knew it, but somehow Phelan, by her powers of perception, must have seen in advance that the planning commission was going to table the vote on this issue for yet another two weeks. (They only meet every other week.) So persistence is in fact the order of the day. I do have to say in their defense though that I wrote to the Commission Chair this morning and am pleased to say that I received a very nice response very quickly; like less than an hour. He is sorry for the delay, but the draft was unable to be completed in time to make the agenda before public notice was due. They will be discussing the issue in their work session tonight, but will not be able to vote on it until next meeting. He assures me that they have made it a goal to have the entire amendment passed this month. I let him know I’ll be there to hold them to that!

Persistence defined: Holding firmly and steadfastly to a purpose, state, or undertaking despite obstacles, warnings, or setbacks.

 

Life’s about obstacles, warning and setbacks. Persisting through them is what allows us to prosper. It tests our mettle and makes us who we are. Take this quote into consideration.

 

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

Calvin Coolidge (1872 - 1933)

Thanks for the nod Phelan, I won’t let this one die here. (I’m bad about that. Sorry to the few who have given me credits in the past that I haven’t had time to reply to.) I’m passing this to:

One Straw: Be the Change - For his persistence and optimism in making the changes that he wants to see in the world, right at home where it counts.

(Not So) Urban Hennery - For her persistence in selling her urban home and realizing her dream of a home in the country.

The Tiny Farm Blog – For their persistence in establishing a profitable “Tiny” organic market farm, and for rolling with the weather patters as they mess with the best laid plans.

 

P~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the award! Persistence can definitely be a virtue!!